PS3 IntensaFire Installation
The following instructions will guide you through the installation of a PS3 IntensaFire (Buy Now) in a compatible PlayStation 3 Dual Shock 3 controller (Model CECGZC2Y/98050/3-295-244-02). Before proceeding it is essential that your controller is charged and synced with you PS3. Click on the images to view them in higher resolution.
1. Open your PlayStation 3 controller
- Remove the 5 screws from the bottom of your controller as indicated in the image below by the green circles.
- Carefully remove the bottom half of the controller shell.
- With the controller positioned on your work surface so that the joysticks are down move the battery to the side to expose the controller mainboard.
- Before proceeding take a look at your controller's mainboard and ensure that you have a controller that is compatible with the PS3 IntensaFire. Compatible controllers will have points TP17, TP18 and TP20 as indicated in the image below.
- Gently tuck the IntensaFire LEDs under the controller mainboard above the player 3 & 4 lights.
- Once the LEDs are in place carefully tuck the flex board under the battery clip.
- Remove the double sided tape backing tab from the PS3 IntensaFire chip.
- Carefully position the PS3 IntensaFire chip on top of the main IC on the controller mainboard ensuring that the flex board connection on the IntensaFire chip is pointed away from the controller's mini USB port (see image below). Gently push the PS3 IntensaFire down to seat it on the main IC ensuring you do not twist the IntensaFire or apply too much pressure.
- Replace the battery over top of the PS3 IntensaFire.
- Replace the bottom of the controller shell by first carefully hooking it over the shoulder buttons and triggers. Once you have the shell halves back together replace the 5 screws.
- With your PlayStation 3 controller reassembled power the controller on.
- To confirm the operation of the PS3 IntensaFire turn it on by holding down the left D pad for 4 seconds or until the Player 3 light comes on.
- Once you have confirmed the PS3 IntensaFire is operational you can proceed to change modes or do some custom programming.